Apply for Australian Citizenship Visa from India
Living in Australia and being able to call themselves an Australian citizen is a dream for many people. Making Australia their permanent residence is undeniably the goal of many migrants. Living in Australia as an Australian Citizen comes along with a plethora of privileges and numerous opportunities in every field be it education, job, business, healthcare etc.
Besides this, the country has a splendid standard of living, that attracts the people from other countries to migrate to Australia and be a citizen of Australia. Apart from all this, the Australian citizens have to abide by many duties and responsibilities as being a citizen of Australia. Becoming a citizen of Australia from India implies that you are making a continuous promise to Australia and everything Australia represents.
Australian Citizenship Visa Eligibility Criteria & Requirements
Mainly, those Indians beyond 18 years of age who apply for Australian citizenship must qualify the below-mentioned criteria:
- Have appeared and passed through a citizenship test (except if beyond 60 years old)
- Be a permanent resident of Australia at the hour of application, and furthermore, at time of decision.
- Fulfil the residence or accommodation prerequisite.
- Probably live, or continue to dwell in Australia or to keep up a nearby and proceeding with a relationship with Australia.
- Be of acceptable character.
Apart from adults children may likewise apply for Australian Citizenship from India, albeit different set of rules and requirements apply regarding the same.
Any adult who has become a permanent resident must probably be lawfully living in Australia for a long time preceding applying for Australian citizenship. This incorporates:
- A year i.e 12 months as a permanent resident.
- Absences from Australia of no more than 1-year
- Absences from Australia of close to a quarter of a year in the year prior to applying.
If you fulfil the general eligibility criteria, you should clear a test before applying for Australian citizenship. Those secured by different circumstances, (for example, those matured under 18 or over age 60, or individuals who experience the ill effects of a generous weakness or loss of hearing, discourse or sight) are not required to sit a test.
The Australian citizstralian residents to increase the comprehension of Auenship test has been intended to enable future Australia's:
- Customs and Traditions
- National symbols.
The test is a significant part of guaranteeing you have the ability to completely take an interest in the Australian Community as a resident and amplify the open doors accessible to you in Australia. It advances social union and effective coordination into the network.
To sit and undertake the test you should:
- Be an Australian permanent inhabitant
- Fulfil the department of your personality during the way toward enrolling for the test
- Permit the department to snap a picture of you or give one yourself.
Being an Australian citizen entitles you to many privileges, responsibilities and duties as now you are a permanent resident of the country.